This 3-hour casual hike will end in a real feast for the taste buds: an authentic bacon tasting. Rambling across an awarded village, hiking in the mesmerizing mountains bordering Sibiu, and a culinary experience, all, dedicated to a deep understanding of the variety that is Sibiu.
Duration: 8 hours
Bus Ride: 100 min
Hiking: 180 min
Difficulty Level: easy
Level difference: 180m/-180m
– Transport in a comfortable bus
– Tour Guide for the whole day
– Lunch pack
– Entrance fee in Cristian
– Guided tour at the Fortified Church, Cristian
– Tasting in Cristian
How to book
Group Bookings will be available starting 1st of June 2020.
Individual Bookings will be available starting 1st of August 2020. Please find more details here.
1. Travel by bus to Rășinari
2. Rășinari Village and Highlights
3. Travel by bus to Păltiniș
4. Hiking Păltiniș – Poiana Găujoara – Poiana Muncel – Poiana Oncești-Păltiniș, with lunch pack at Poiana Oncești
5. Bus ride to Cristian – Speckturm – bacon tasting, with souvenirs available for sale
6. Travel by bus to Sibiu
* our hiking track from Păltiniș – Poiana Găujoara – Poiana Muncel – Poiana Oncești – Păltiniș is not fully displayed on this Google Map. Only the stops accessible by car are displayed. Please view our Interactive Hiking Map for the whole hiking track.
Rășinari is a village near Sibiu, harmoniously situated in a natural setting modeled over time by the traditional occupation of its inhabitants: animal husbandry. Walking on the narrow streets of the village offers the possibility of discovering traditional houses, meeting some interesting people and customs. In the center of the village is the Ethnographic Museum, older or newer churches, but also the houses where Emil Cioran and Octavian Goga lived in childhood. Rășinari was designated in 2012 as one of “The most beautiful villages in Romania“.
The route runs through the forests around Păltiniș Station, allowing tourists to breathe fresh air, relax, and admire the beautiful landscapes of the meadows they cross.
Fortified church of Cristian