Hiking around Gura Râului, savory outdoor lunch at Sibiel, and a refreshing bath at Ocna Sibiului.
– Transport in a comfortable bus
– Tour Guide for the whole day
– Lunch at a peasant family, with wine and snaps included
– Entrance fee at The Museum of Icons on Glass
– Guided tour at The Museum of Icons on Glass
– Entrance fee at the Ocna Sibiului Lakes
How to book
Group Bookings will be available starting 1st of June 2020.
Individual Bookings will be available starting 1st of August 2020. Please find more details here.
Duration: 8 hours
Bus Ride: 75 min
Hiking: 180 min
Difficulty Level: easy
Level difference: 247m/-263m
1. Travel by bus to Gura Râului
2. Hiking Chiatra Lupoaiei Gura Râului
3. Travel by bus to Sibiel
4. Lunch at Sibiel
5. The Museum of Icons on Glass visit in Sibiel
6. Travel by bus to Ocna Sibiului – by good weather we can swim
6. Travel by bus to Sibiu
* our hiking track is not fully displayed on this Google Map. Please view our Interactive Hiking Map for the whole hiking track.
The route goes up to Chiatra Lupoaiei Peak, where there is a viewpoint from which you can admire the village of Gura Râului, the Dam and the Cibin Valley and the surroundings of the Gura Râului Village. Gura Râului is an ancient Romanian village situated at the foot of the Cibinului Mountains, in the well-known area of Mărginimea Sibiului. It is known for the crafts, traditions, and customs kept by the inhabitants, but also for the hospitality shown to tourists. Older and newer monuments, churches and buildings make up an architectural ensemble specific to the authentic Romanian village.
We travel by bus to Sibiel, a village with halls and houses scattered through the meadows on the mountain. Most of the houses, though abandoned, talk about the times when the basic occupation of the locals was raising animals. Following more the rounded peaks of the mountain, the route offers very wide perspectives on the surrounding hills, but also on the villages north and northeast of Sibiel.
Beyond the modest facade, the museum in Sibiel houses a wonderful collection of masterpieces, old glass icons, works by simple authors, peasants from all over Transylvania. Organized on two levels, the museum reveals the world of the Transylvanian rural faith, each icon, unique in its own way, attracts through the story and the message that lie beyond a simple drawing on the glass. The museum has the largest collection of glass icons in Transylvania.
The Museum of Icons on Glass
Amateurs of sun, beach, water and mud treatments will love the salt lakes at Ocna Sibiului. There are several small lakes which are all flooded salt mines. The lakes contain extremely salty water which makes it the perfect place to take your first swim lessons.
Ocna Sibiului Lakes