Sweet, savory, and extra flavorful. Join us on this culinary quest, centered around 3 villages and their most delicious produce.
Duration: 7 hours
Distance: 68 km (from / to Sibiu)
Lunch break: at an authentic family of farmers, in Sibiel
– Transport in a comfortable bus
– Tour Guide for the whole day
– Guided tour of Hamba and Cristian
– Honey tasting in Hamba
– “Slănină” tasting at the “bacon tower” in Cristian
– 3-course lunch in Sibiel, including schnapps and house wine
– Horse carriage ride in Sibiel
How to book
Group Bookings will be available starting 1st of June 2020.
Individual Bookings will be available starting 1st of August 2020. Please find more details here.
1. Travel by bus to Hamba
2. Sightseeing Hamba
3. Travel by bus to Cristian
4. Sightseeing Cristian
5. Honey Tasting and Bacon Tasting at the Bacon Tower in Cristian
6. 3-course meal in Sibiel, including Schnapps and house wine
7. Horse carriage ride in Sibiel
We start our day by traveling to Hamba, by bus. Here, we will meet the Tartler Family, who live in the former Clergy House of the Evangelical Church of Hamba. The family produces over 16 types of bio honey, and we will get a chance to taste every flavor.
Our next stop is Cristian, where we will explore the Fortified Church. Inside, a tasty surprise awaits for us: a savory experience for the taste buds – authentic “slănină” tasting directly from the Bacon Tower.
Cristian Fortified Church
Artisanal produce – Bacon Tower
And just when you think things couldn’t get any better (and delicious), we stop for an authentic, old-fashioned 3-course meal at a welcoming household in Sibiel. We will feast on hand-made, local produce and old-fashioned recipes and drink home-made Schnapps and Wine. We will end the day with an exciting horse carriage ride.